Male Checkup – Testosterone Assessment - ZRT makes both a blood and saliva home testosterone test kit.
Protocol #1: Long-Term and Sustained
- Blue Ice Royal Butter Oil / Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend – Capsules: 2 capsules upon waking and 2 capsules before bed
- Vitamin D3: 3000 – 5000 IU upon waking and before bed (6,000 – 10,000 IU per day) until you reach blood levels of 55ng/ml. Can test this at home if you like, or just ask your doctor for this easy test.
- Short ice baths and/or cold showers: 10 minutes each, upon waking and right before bed
- Brazil nuts: 3 nuts upon waking and 3 nuts before bed
Protocol #2: Short-Term and Fun “Nitro Boost”
- 20-24 Hours Prior to Sex: Eat at least 800 milligrams of Cholesterol (example: four or more large whole eggs or egg yolks) within three hours of bedtime, the night before you want to have incredible sex. Why before bed? Testosterone is derived from cholesterol, which is primarily produced during sleep (between midnight and 4:00 – 6:00 A.M.).
- Four Hours Prior to Sex:
1. Four Brazil Nuts
2. Twenty Raw Almonds
3. Two Capsules of the Blue Ice Royal Butter Oil / Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend – Capsules
Tests in my patient population have shown just about 99% to be deficient. This is in both the young and old, but those over 21 seem to be the most deficient. Some of my patients will commonly have levels around 6-10ng/ml. And this is in sunny California.
Although Costco Wholesale sells vitamin D3 tabs at a great price, I recommend buying a Vitamin D emulsion in liquid form because of better absorption. Make sure to have yourself tested before starting and then again in 30 days. Minimal targets are 50 ng/ml. More than 100ng/ml is considered excessive and more than 150 ng/ml is considered toxic.
Try to get 20 -30 minutes of sun exposure twice per week.
Also, supplemental vitamin D increases your need for Vitamin A, so make sure you take the cod liver oil which includes both.
View all posts in this series
- Organizing the Four Hour Body: Occam’s Protocol Cheat Sheet Number 1 - February 6, 2011
- The Four Hour Body Fat Loss Cheat Sheet - February 25, 2011
- Damage Control and the 4-Hour Body Slow Carb Diet Binge Day Cheat Sheet - March 9, 2011
- Adventures in Tripling Testosterone: The Four Hour Body Sex Machine: Protocol’s Simplified - March 11, 2011
- How to get 8 Hours of sleep in just Four Hours! - March 26, 2011
- A Wonderful 4-Hour Body Cheat Sheet: Simple and Comprehensive! - April 5, 2011
- Why your Doctor wants you to buy the 4 Hour Body and the 4 Hour Workweek but doesn’t know it yet. - May 2, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Step by Step plus a New and Improved Cheat Sheet - May 8, 2011
- Having Trouble with Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman? You need the 4 Hour Body Google Calendar! - June 6, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Essential’s Toolkit Part Un: Keeping Time! - July 9, 2011
- The 4 Hour Body + The 4 Hour Workweek = The Evolution of A Superhuman - August 5, 2011
- The 4 Hour Body Vitamins & Supplements: A Comprehensive Evidence Based Review - August 8, 2011
- A Better Occam’s Protocol: Body by Science Meets the 4 Hour Body - August 23, 2011
- Tim Ferriss Slow Carb Diet: Simple Condensed Patient Handouts & Guides - October 24, 2011
- Tim Ferriss Prison Day 2: Convict Conditioning – Squats Cheat Sheet - August 26, 2012
- Tim Ferriss Prison Day 3: Convict Conditioning – Pull-Up Cheat Sheet - September 14, 2012
- Choosing Lean Meats, Seafood and Shellfish on The 4 Hour Body Diet - September 21, 2012
- The Slow Carb Diet Reloaded: Better Fat Loss Through Simplicity 2013 Edition - February 4, 2013
- The 4 Hour Chef: Positive Contstraints and the Holy Grail of “The One-Pager” - May 18, 2013
- The Ultimate Slow Carb Supplement One-Pager With Cheat Day Requirements - August 12, 2013