In Occam’s Protocol counting five up and five down is like patting your head and rubbing your belly!
A brief review from the book:
The exercises should be performed for one set each and no more. The objective is to fail, to reach the point where you can no longer move the weight, at seven or more repetitions at a 5/5 cadence (five seconds up and five seconds down).
Ferriss, Timothy (2010). The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
Nine sessions and 60 days into Occam’s Protocol and I will say this: I am never looking back. The routine fits perfectly into my schedule.
The Only Problem:
I find it impossible to lift and keep count of my reps while trying to maintain a decent 5/5 cadence. Probably the biggest mistake I see people make when they begin Occam’s Protocol is with the timing.
The harder the workout becomes the more likely one is to speed up their cadence and also to take long pauses. This will reduce your total time under tension and in my experience leads to much less post workout muscle fatigue.
A human metronome to count you through your Occam’s Protocol workout routine. Or at least one that you can load onto your IPod.
Occam’s Protocol Keeping Time: Who Ever Thought Counting Could Be This Much Fun?
Here are 6 songs and one solo recording counting at a 5/5 cadence to help guide you through your lifting portion of Occam’s Protocol!
Here is a Sample (with music):
Here is a Sample (without music):
|Kayne West Stronger||Fort Minor||Moby|
|The Entire Collection|
|Download Zip (24mb)|
Stay tuned Part Deux is coming shortly!
If you would like to request a particular song please let me know below in the comments section. Personally, my favorite is AC/DC it just seems to get my Occam’s a Protocolling!
The first person to comment with a song request and get 5 people to re-tweet this post will get their song beautifully layered over my 5/5 count and available for download on the web site. What more could anybody want?
- Occam’s Protocol Step by Step plus a New and Improved Cheat Sheet
- Organizing the Four Hour Body: Occam’s Protocol Cheat Sheet Number 1
- Occam’s Protocol Week One “Wheying” in
- FourHourBody vs Beachbody Challenge
View all posts in this series
- Organizing the Four Hour Body: Occam’s Protocol Cheat Sheet Number 1 - February 6, 2011
- The Four Hour Body Fat Loss Cheat Sheet - February 25, 2011
- Damage Control and the 4-Hour Body Slow Carb Diet Binge Day Cheat Sheet - March 9, 2011
- Adventures in Tripling Testosterone: The Four Hour Body Sex Machine: Protocol’s Simplified - March 11, 2011
- How to get 8 Hours of sleep in just Four Hours! - March 26, 2011
- A Wonderful 4-Hour Body Cheat Sheet: Simple and Comprehensive! - April 5, 2011
- Why your Doctor wants you to buy the 4 Hour Body and the 4 Hour Workweek but doesn’t know it yet. - May 2, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Step by Step plus a New and Improved Cheat Sheet - May 8, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Week One (and 1/2) “Wheying” In - May 21, 2011
- 4 Hour Body vs. P90X vs. Insanity “Beach Body” Challenge! - May 30, 2011
- The 4 Hour Body: How to Outsource your Workout! - June 3, 2011
- Having Trouble with Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman? You need the 4 Hour Body Google Calendar! - June 6, 2011
- Deconstructing the “A” in PAGG: Alpha Lipoic Acid and Why it may be Worth a Second Look! - June 10, 2011
- 4 Hour Body vs. P90X: Day 30 Updates - June 12, 2011
- A Virtual Assistants Guide to Conquering the 4 Hour Body - July 1, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Essential’s Toolkit Part Un: Keeping Time! - July 9, 2011
- The 4 Hour Body + The 4 Hour Workweek = The Evolution of A Superhuman - August 5, 2011
- The 4 Hour Body Vitamins & Supplements: A Comprehensive Evidence Based Review - August 8, 2011
- POLICOSANOL: The Four Hour Body Vitamins and Supplements Series
- A Better Occam’s Protocol: Body by Science Meets the 4 Hour Body - August 23, 2011
- Questions? Things I Think About as I go Looking for Food - September 23, 2011
- 150 Days of Tracking and 8 Months of Clinical Outcomes: Photos and Numbers - October 10, 2011
- Tim Ferriss Slow Carb Diet: Simple Condensed Patient Handouts & Guides - October 24, 2011
- From Slow Carb to Slow Sex: 5 Things I have learned after 1 Year with The 4-Hour Body - December 12, 2011
- Occam’s Prescriptions + Occam’s Feeding + Slow Carb Diet = Confusion - February 7, 2012
- The 4 Hour Body Occam’s Protocol Excel Worksheet - June 4, 2012
- Occam’s Protocol Free Weight Option: Workout A and B with Video Demo - August 6, 2012
- Tim Ferriss Prison Day 2: Convict Conditioning – Squats Cheat Sheet - August 26, 2012
- Tim Ferriss Prison Day 3: Convict Conditioning – Pull-Up Cheat Sheet - September 14, 2012
- Choosing Lean Meats, Seafood and Shellfish on The 4 Hour Body Diet - September 21, 2012
- The Slow Carb Diet Reloaded: Better Fat Loss Through Simplicity 2013 Edition - February 4, 2013
- 10 Totally Awesome Occam’s Protocol Meal Replacement Shakes - April 26, 2013
- The 4 Hour Chef: Positive Contstraints and the Holy Grail of “The One-Pager” - May 18, 2013
- INROADING and The 4 Principal Stages of an Effective Occam’s Protocol Workout - August 4, 2013
- The Ultimate Slow Carb Supplement One-Pager With Cheat Day Requirements - August 12, 2013
- Mass Gain Supplements: Glutamine, Creatine and Low Carbohydrate Diets - September 23, 2013
- Occam’s Protocol and The Slow Carb Diet – Why You Need to Do Both Now! - March 11, 2014