The 4 Hour Chef: Escape The Kitchen And Join The New Bisque!

The Four Hour Chef

THE FOUR HOUR CHEF

Escape the Kitchen, Cook Anywhere, Join the New Bisque: The 15 Minute Falafel – How to use 20% of the Ingredients and Get 80% of the same Great Taste!

Maybe you read the Big News from today’s copy of the NY Times?

Tim Ferriss is set to release his brand new book “The 4-Hour Chef” and he will be publishing it on my beloved Amazon The 4 Hour Chef: Escape The Kitchen And Join The New Bisque!!

Here is an excerpt from Amazon.com corporate:

“The 4-Hour Chef,” which is expected to be released in April 2012, will be published in print, as well as enhanced digital and audio formats”

“The new full-length book builds upon Ferriss’ “4-hour” philosophy by transforming the way we cook and eat. Featuring recipes and cooking guidelines from world-renowned chefs and interspersed with the revolutionary advice Ferriss’ fans have come to expect, “The 4-Hour Chef” is a practical but unusual guide to mastering food and cooking, whether you are a seasoned pro or a blank-slate novice. The book also showcases the very best recipes based on Ferriss’ The Slow-Carb Diet, which thousands of his readers have tested for fat loss and performance enhancement.”

End quote!

Personally, I am excited to see Tim go this way. And like many, I am sure, not at all surprised.

I happened to be listening to an old Tony Robbins recording on my drive to work today (please don’t judge I was hard up for some inspiration).

Anyway, Tony in his infinite wisdom, quoted something Wayne Gretzky said many years ago when they asked him what made him a great hockey player:

He said:

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.”

Bravo Tim, maybe after this you will earn the right to be called the “Great One”!

Except really The Four Hour Chef?

Well, since you convinced me to buy a kettlebell, attend an OM’ing workshop, and outsource my workout who knows what you will get me to do this time.

But I can guarantee you this much: Making men proficient in the kitchen is probably the only true path to Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman!

If you have an opinion I would love to hear what you think….. The 4 Hour Chef: Sizzling Hot?  Or about as fun as a 4-Hour Body ice bath?

You can sign up to receive updates via RSS or email or join us on Facebook.  Don’t forget to sign up for the upcoming  4 Hour University.

Justin August 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

I saw this in the news too. Interesting that amazon is being more aggressive in publishing, and getting Tim on board makes sense.

Will I buy the book, yeah probably, why because Tim’s books in the past have been dense with information that leads me to other smart people. Many people criticize Tim for the “shortcuts” he makes but he does provide a starting point and paths to some really smart people.

Stephen August 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm

You know Justin I felt this way after I read the 4-Hour Body. It seemed like many of the ideas were scattered and open ended. But the ideas felt timely and have proven more life changing and beneficial than I had first thought they would be. I remember listening to the entire chapter on slow carb dieting while doing my long run on the beach…. I thought, could it really have been this easy all this time?
It has proven not to be “this easy” and although I am aware of the “low carb fad” I feel like for some reason his approach (or maybe simply my belief in it) has proven quite effective.
The paths he paves are ones that if followed will lead you to “really smart people” I know very well you are one of them and I enjoy your blog because of your intelligent insights.
Writing about this topic has been an extremely eye opening experience. It creates new questions, and new answers and has given me a new approach surprisingly to even the way I practice medicine. How wonderful that has been. Even if “the 4 hour life” proves to be a short lived incarnation of my mind, it will have done what it was not at first intended to do… make me a much better person… how strange the paths we find ourselves on some times… Take care and thanks for the comment.

Steve

kent August 18, 2011 at 1:26 am

bon appetit Stephen. I thought this was the actual book cover for a moment. I think that it is an appropriate follow up to the 4 Hour Body that will compliment the book very well. Brilliant to release this “cookbook” as a digital version, for this reason it will do particularly well, especially if he can link video and audio into the digital version of the book. Should be interesting!

Kent

Stephen August 18, 2011 at 1:36 am

Kent, I agree completely. I feel like after this we will start to see a flood of new authors approaching Amazon. I believe that once the digital format becomes the interactive tool it was meant to be it’s utility and ability to fully engage the reader will be recognized. I currently read the kindle version of most books (including the 4 Hour Body) on a convertible HP tablet that I love. Allows me to read, write and compose on the same machine. Although not as beautiful or snappy for reading as an I pad, it is a powerful little machine that allows me to get all my work done with no fuss and with one device….

Sarah Goshman August 19, 2011 at 4:12 am

Very interesting… I’m half excited about this. I hate cooking and it’s definitely at the top of my “things to outsource” list, but I’m sure whatever Tim has to say about it will have a new and interesting spin. Although, too many more 4-hour books and I’m going to have to switch to polyphasic sleep to find enough hours…

Stephen August 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm

You mean you haven’t switched already? I am figuring that by the end of his third book we will know we have reached 4 hour status when we only need 4 hours of sleep at night. Or maybe even more fittingly this will be the topic of his “4′th” book.

But you are right, I am interested to see how Tim will wow us in the kitchen, sleep deprived or not.

Jason @ FindingMyFitness August 19, 2011 at 6:51 am

I’ll definitely be picking it up. TF has enchanted me, like Apple, so I will probably buy anything he writes. Like Justin, reading his stuff has led me to other people who I respect and really enjoy reading.

And yes, I’m trying to get a recipe or two in there. ;)

-j

Stephen August 19, 2011 at 10:58 pm

J, if their is anybody who deserves a recipe in The 4-Hour Chef it is you, or maybe you should write a book and release it on Amazon before Tim’s comes out… I have the perfect book cover idea for you :)

Steve

Meratvforum September 3, 2011 at 1:35 am

Stoked for the new book, Tim. As a single dude wanting to eat well, of course I am going to cop it. And since I know you pay attention to your fan-base feedback, put me down for yet another “4-Hour Travel” vote. Everyone knows you would kill it. Until then, I will be looking forward to some dope cooking hacks.

Stephen September 4, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Me too!

Duane | drsPIX December 21, 2011 at 10:53 am

I like what Tim emphasized to Kevin Rose on a Fall 2011 interview (http://revision3.com/foundation/timferriss ), that the third book is about LEARNING, and that cooking was the vehicle for those lessons. I look forward to the 4-Hour Cook

Paula February 12, 2012 at 10:18 am

Let’s be honest. After Work, Body and Chef, what logically follows as Tim’s next topic has to be how to have 4-Hour Sex…

Stephen February 12, 2012 at 10:22 am

Awesome Paula!

nsfranm November 15, 2012 at 6:42 pm

We need more people that think out of the box like this guy. The sheer amount of information contained in the 4 hours body was worth it. Curious to read this new book. That’s one guy who is putting his OCD to good use that much is sure lol. Lost more than 20 pounds using his book and found out I had a selenium deficiency along with 3-4 other minerals that all had some role to play in the synthetisis of testosterone… And I was wondering why going to the gym 4-5 times a week like a maniac didn’t help my shape at all. Well now that I take the supplement i go to the gym once or twice a week and see more results than before. The next book should be : How to cool the planet, build yourself a spaceship in 4 hours and get rid of corrupt politicians. Lol.

Stephen November 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I love it!!!! It’s great to hear your success story and that is interesting about your selenium deficiency.

I am not sure what percentage of men are actually selenium deficient but I know it is not a test we do routinely in the clinic, although maybe it should be. In fact the way we western medicine practitioners approach testosterone levels in men and the process we go about replacing it (usually with prescription “Androgel”) seems suspect, if not counterproductive.

The 4 Hour Body is an excellent book that has drastically influenced the way I approach many areas of my life. A lot of people call it out as a bunch of marketing baloney, but they are full of it. Again, like you said, I too go to the gym once or twice a week and get better results… I still see the same guys though, working out 4-5 times per week… But maybe they enjoy the time there, I can understand that I guess as well. But maybe with all the free time we now have we can work on more productive pursuits, like that rocket ship you are talking about.