Since last year when I first started Occam’s Protocol I have been performing my A and B workouts with mostly machine weights. Just this month, in an attempt to mix things up a bit, I started adding more free weights.
To be honest, I was a bit intimidated at first, especially when I referenced the Occam’s Protocol chapter and saw that picture of Tim doing the Yates Row… Just looking at it made my back hurt.
But, after a bit of review and practice in the gym I realized it is not all that intimidating. In combination with machine weights you can really tailor your Occam’s routine to keep things fresh and exciting at the gym.
Here is a breakdown of the entire protocol with accompanying video demonstrations of each workout. I have included a review of the “Occam’s Essentials” at the end of this post.
OCCAM’S ESSENTIALS: Click Each Tab To Reveal Content
View all posts in this series
- Organizing the Four Hour Body: Occam’s Protocol Cheat Sheet Number 1 - February 6, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Step by Step plus a New and Improved Cheat Sheet - May 8, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Week One (and 1/2) “Wheying” In - May 21, 2011
- 4 Hour Body vs. P90X vs. Insanity “Beach Body” Challenge! - May 30, 2011
- The 4 Hour Body: How to Outsource your Workout! - June 3, 2011
- Deconstructing the “A” in PAGG: Alpha Lipoic Acid and Why it may be Worth a Second Look! - June 10, 2011
- 4 Hour Body vs. P90X: Day 30 Updates - June 12, 2011
- A Virtual Assistants Guide to Conquering the 4 Hour Body - July 1, 2011
- Occam’s Protocol Essential’s Toolkit Part Un: Keeping Time! - July 9, 2011
- The 4 Hour Body Vitamins & Supplements: A Comprehensive Evidence Based Review - August 8, 2011
- POLICOSANOL: The Four Hour Body Vitamins and Supplements Series
- A Better Occam’s Protocol: Body by Science Meets the 4 Hour Body - August 23, 2011
- Questions? Things I Think About as I go Looking for Food - September 23, 2011
- 150 Days of Tracking and 8 Months of Clinical Outcomes: Photos and Numbers - October 10, 2011
- From Slow Carb to Slow Sex: 5 Things I have learned after 1 Year with The 4-Hour Body - December 12, 2011
- Occam’s Prescriptions + Occam’s Feeding + Slow Carb Diet = Confusion - February 7, 2012
- The 4 Hour Body Occam’s Protocol Excel Worksheet - June 4, 2012
- Occam’s Protocol Free Weight Option: Workout A and B with Video Demo - August 6, 2012
- 10 Totally Awesome Occam’s Protocol Meal Replacement Shakes - April 26, 2013
- INROADING and The 4 Principal Stages of an Effective Occam’s Protocol Workout - August 4, 2013
- Mass Gain Supplements: Glutamine, Creatine and Low Carbohydrate Diets - September 23, 2013
- Occam’s Protocol and The Slow Carb Diet – Why You Need to Do Both Now! - March 11, 2014